Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Goal #1699: Help Catch a Criminal

I didn’t make an effort to go out and find this guy, he found us. My wife and I were young college kids living in a basement apartment at the time this happened. I was putting my daughter down for a nap on our bed and was reading her a story. As we were reading, the window suddenly burst open above my head. I looked up in time to see a pair of legs coming through the window. I got up and yelled to see who it was. I thought it was someone pulling a prank.

As soon as the guy heard my voice he pulled his legs up and took off running. I ran outside in time to see him running down the street. I got a good look at what he was wearing and called the cops. Minutes later, a cop came by and asked me to get in their car. They drove by another cop who had the guy in handcuffs standing next to his car. It seems this guy (Scott O.) was out of the county jail during the day on a work release program. A few months later I went to court to testify against him. He was just a young kid, about 22 years old. I expect he was breaking into houses in an effort to get money to buy drugs. They ended up adding another year to his jail sentence and taking him off the work release program.

No comments:

Post a Comment