Friday, November 2, 2012

Goal #2098: Get $50 in $1 bills and leaving them in Places for People to Find

I thought I would do something that would give a lot of people a small moment of happiness. To do this goal, I withdrew $50 in $1 bills from my savings with the intent of leaving each bill in a public place for someone to find and feel excited about finding money. After all, everyone gets a little excited when they find a dollar on the ground, right? It’s kind of that feeling like you’ve got some good luck coming your way.

I had a great time doing this goal. I left some dollar bills on the bus, dropped some on street corners, left them in public restrooms and in stair wells. I left others in odd little places where people would by chance happen upon them. Several times I would put money in to vending machines and then push the return button to get my money back in change. Then I’d leave the change in the return slot for someone to find. When I was a kid, I used to love it when I would check the change return slot and find money that someone didn’t remember to pick up. It always made me feel so lucky.

This goal took a little longer to complete than I originally expected. That’s because people at work kept turning the dollar bills they found in to the lost and found or taping them onto walls asking if someone had lost it. I always thought that was the funniest thing to see. I am delighted to see so many people so concerned about making sure that whoever had lost their dollar bill, got it back.

It was kind of cool to think of 50 different people getting that small but pleasant thrill of finding money in an unexpected place. It’s nice to think of how easy it is to bring such a simple little bit of pleasure to so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment